What you do every day is important for your skin health. Inculcating the right habits can go a long way in keeping your skin healthy. What you eat, what you wear, and how you live—all have a direct impact on your skin and general health. Follow healthy habits and you’ll be satisfied with the pay-offs.
Skin aging is natural and is something you can’t prevent. However, what people are facing today is premature aging. Healthy lifestyle and good habits can help prevent this.
- Eat a recommended 1,000 IU (International Units) of Vitamin D supplement. This is unless you’re including other sources of vitamin D in your lifestyle.
- Have Omega-3-fatty acids from natural sources, like flaxseed and fish oil.
- Drink 2-3 litres of water every day
- Consume small amounts of sugar and processed food. Also, reduce inflammatory foods like fast food.
- Don’t step in the sun between 10 AM to 4 PM without applying sunscreen. Apply sunscreen liberally on all areas that are exposed.
- Look for the right SPF, at least 15, for effective protection. For prolonged exposure, go for sunscreens with SPF 30+ like Kaya Sweat Proof Sunscreen SPF 30+. Know more about its safe and effective protection from Kaya feedback.
- Get yourself prescribed for retinoid or retinoic acid lotion. Start using them according to the directions or as directed by the physician.
- Night application works better than day, so try it unless your doctor suggests otherwise.
- Exfoliate your skin with a gentle exfoliator, or use sugar.
- Cleanse it every morning and night with a good face wash that doesn’t remove natural moisture from your face.
- Follow it with good quality anti-ageing creme like Kaya’s Youth Excell. This rejuvenates your skin and keeps it clean and hydrated. It acts by tightening the skin and firming the tissue to give a younger look.
- Sleep well and meditate to remain stress-free, since your mental health also plays a factor in how your skin looks.
Follow these habits to prevent premature aging of skin.