The sun is life-giving and vital, and we cannot survive without it. However, too much of anything isn’t good, and it holds true for exposure to the sun as well. Being exposed to the sun has many harmful effects on your skin. It’s important that you take the right measures to protect your skin.
Protecting your skin from the sun isn’t difficult. Following these few simple steps are all that you need to achieve maximum protection.
- Use a good sunscreen with an SPF (Sun Protection Factor) of 15 or above. As a general rule, the more the exposure, higher should be the SPF.
- Don’t use a sunscreen after the expiry date.
- Always store the sunscreen in a cool shady place.
- Sunscreen only partially protects the skin and minimizes the damage. Avoid staying out in the sun for a long time.
Taking precaution when wet
Sunlight can get reflected from surfaces like concrete, water, and snow, causing harm to your skin. Keep the following points in mind when you’re out on a beach holiday.
UV light penetrates wet clothes more than dry clothes. Bathe early to minimize skin damage.
Most of the UV rays can penetrate through the clouds, so if the weather seems cloudy, it doesn’t necessarily help.
Sun rays are more impactful at higher elevations, even though it’s colder up in the mountains. However, the higher the altitude is, the higher should be the level of sun-protection as well.
People with fair skin who are prone to sunburns, need to take extra precautions, as they are more vulnerable to conditions such as skin cancer.
Tan is unhealthy
A tan is basically a response to the damage done by the sun rays. Tanned skin is your body’s way of telling you your skin is getting hurt.
- Sun-ray lamps and sunbeds can be as equally damaging as natural sunshine
- Fake tans induced used using a bottle are actually safer than a natural sun tan
So, the next time you step out on a sunny day, use an effective sunscreen like the Kaya Daily Use Sunscreen SPF 15. It protects your skin from the harmful rays of the sun all round the year. Check out Kaya feedback provided by different customers to learn how Kaya Skin Clinic’s products can help protect your skin.